torstai 14. elokuuta 2008

Years of experience

"A lot of people in business say they have twenty years experience, when in fact all the really have is one year's experience, repeated twenty times."

I'm consciously trying to avoid such utterly useless waste of time. Although I do keep the learned methods stacked in my sleeves whenever I need a certain approach, I do my art in different ways to learn. I was a complete novice in drawing with ink and metal tips a month ago - I did have prior experiences with ink and rush straws - but I got a hold of the method quite easily.
I do feel that my CGI drawing experience hasn't been a waste of time, although it has made me a bit sceptical and cautious about computers guiding your creativity into certain pathways.
Back to the quote, I have a vivid memory image of myself drawing cowboys and horses inspired by Jean Giraud's Blueberry at age six. So I have 32 years of experience. And counting.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti